Monday, July 11, 2011

family is forever. (please lend a helping hand)

as i have mentioned in previous posts... i still struggle quite a bit being so far from family and friends.  yesterday was a joyous occasion to get some much needed family time :) it was a really special day for me. i had a client meeting in dayton and had let friends and family know that i would be in town in hopes to gather for a bit on a sunday afternoon and thank goodness it worked out.  after my appointment...(which went very well and we booked another wedding for sept) i headed over to my sister and brother in laws place for fun in the sun by the pool, drinks and a wonderful cookout!  AT LAST!!!

i got to see my momma, sister, brother in law and my cousin and her family... plus the added bonus of seeing both of my "nephews." (eric & cartman)  even though eric is my nephew by marriage and cartman is a silly lil pekinese... i love them both dearly!!  it meant a lot that eric came out.  i had sent him a message early in the day to let him know i would be around and i was more than thrilled to see him :)


even in the pool we cant let them go :)

 mr. cartman!
 my momma!






its been a tough year for eric and family and we are so very proud of him!  you see... eric was shot while driving home from a show on thanksgiving night in dayton and we were told it would be a long road to recover... if he could ever fully recover.  it broke my heart and soul.  he has come so far since that night and im so proud to be his "aunt".  after all he is the closest i have ever come to being a real "aunt" LOL!

we are both hippies at heart and i love him dearly.  you can read more on my sister's blog.  my sister and brother in law promised eric that if he could walk by christmas this year that they would spend it in hawaii and i desperately want to see this happen.  as you will see from my sisters blog we are asking anyone and everyone to please donate $1 to help us get him to hawaii because his progress is amazing and he deserves it!!  it was great seeing him get into the water! ( gotta love the lifejacket diapers ).


it just may be my most favorite day of summer this year!

peace & love~

2 comments:

  1. Cartman just lived up to his name! I read your blog to him and his response: "Silly lil Pekingese!?! Silly? Little? I'll show her silly and little!!" Then he stomped off, grabbed your beach towel off the chair, lifted his leg and proceeded to pee on it!!! Of course, he felt bad when I reminded him it was ours! :)

    Jes Plumlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dangit... and my first ever front flip off of a diving board didn't even get a mention!!!!!!!!!! :)

    Jes Plumlee

    ReplyDelete